These days with the focus on prescription drug costs, it’s essential for pharmaceutical companies to minimize their cost of production. Compressed air, an essential utility across all manufacturing industries, is very expensive to generate and a significant cost driver for pharmaceutical production. For years, Scales Industrial Technologies has been an industry leader in the effort to reduce the cost of compressed air generation.
Some of the ways that we can reduce the cost of your compressed air:
- Use of the latest technology, such as variable speed drive motors, to lower the electricity consumption per unit output of compressed air.
- Use of controllers with sophisticated algorithms to ensure that multi machine compressor installations work together in an optimized way to reduce energy consumption.
- Recovering the heat generated by air compressors and using it to reduce costs in other necessary functions such as water or air heating.
- Performing plant wide audits to help production facilities significantly reduce the amount and pressure of the compressed air used.
- Improving the quality of a plant’s compressed air by focusing on the most efficient way to remove oil, water, and particulates – any of which can contaminate the plants products as well as damage or shorten the life of production equipment.