Scales Energy Services offers sequencers ranging from simple pressure based sequencers to the patented $mart Sequencer®, which will operate any multiple air compressor installation, regardless of compressor sizes or manufacturer, as efficiently as possible. In this video, Scales Industrial Technologies’ Sales Manager Jim Osmun discusses the features of the Scales Deluxe Sequencer™.
This sequencer helps save energy and enables compressed air system data to be viewed on your PC or mobile device. The Scales Deluxe Sequencer™ is more energy efficient than other sequencers because it eliminates cascaded pressure setpoints, which usually results in operating pressures much higher than system requirements.
Not only does the Deluxe Sequencer™ allow the controlled compressors to operate at the same time with more stability, it also allows the compressors to operate at a consistent target pressure which reduces the likelihood of power penalties and wasted energy. Scales’ Deluxe Sequencer™ can manage multiple combinations of compressors, including load – no load compressors, variable speed drive compressors, variable displacement compressors, centrifugal compressors with inlet guide vanes or inlet butterfly valves, and even reciprocating compressors. Essentially, it will turn an uncontrolled and inefficient multiple compressor system into a managed and efficient compressed air system which will utilize the most efficient compressors to their fullest capacity, saving you energy.
The Scales Deluxe Sequencer™ features include:
• Controls up to eight compressors; all of which are controlled to the same pressure band.
• Eliminates energy loss by not requiring cascading pressure setpoints, approximately 1% energy decrease for every 2 psi decrease in compressor pressure setpoint.
• Turns off compressors when they are not required, reducing energy and maintenance costs.
• Pressure setpoints and up to nine operating sequences are manually programmable and can be password protected.
• Automatically selects among the nine operating sequences based on a weekly calendar, which allows base loading of the larger compressors at times when the demand is expected to be high, and smaller compressors when it is expected to be low.
• The system pressure, pressure setpoints, and the operating sequences are displayed onscreen.
• An ethernet connection and web page are included.
The Scales Deluxe Sequencer™ features an Allen-Bradley PLC with a graphical operator interface that displays compressor status (online, loaded, or standby mode), local or remote status, compressor alarm status and a pressure trend.
For over 45 years, Scales Industrial Technologies has been the leader in the design, installation, sale and service of complete industrial compressed air solutions and advanced industrial technologies that work to reduce energy costs while increasing productivity, reliability and profitability.
Call any one of our locations to find out if a Scales Deluxe Sequencer™ can improve your company’s bottom line.